How the word is passed : a reckoning with the history of slavery across America / Clint Smith.
- ISBN: 9780316492935 : HRD
- ISBN: 0316492930 : HRD
- Physical Description: xiii, 336 pages ; 25 cm
- Publisher: New York : Little Brown and Company, 
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
'How the Word is Passed' is Clint Smith's revealing, contemporary portrait of America as a slave owning nation. Beginning in his own hometown of New Orleans, Smith leads the reader through an unforgettable tour of monuments and landmarks - those that are honest about the past and those that are not - that offer an intergenerational story of how slavery has been central in shaping our nations collective history, and ourselves.
Search for related items by subject
- 2 of 2 copies available at Town of Orford Libraries.
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.